Thursday, March 29, 2007

Out Of The Mouth Of Babes

So the other day my son played outside for HOURS at daycare. Daycare is his aunt. He and his cousin were playing on the deck outside. Somewhere along the line he got a sliver. Which I think is his first sliver ever, actually. I should of taken pictures. :) That night I was washing him down, he was absolutely filthy, and I took a wash cloth to him, rather than drawing a full bath. So when I get to his hands he starts crying... "OOOWWWW Momma, you hurt me, you hurt me!" So wondering what on earth this child is talking about I look at the washcloth, then I turn over his hand, and there it is... a ugly little silver. I reach for the tweezers, and I'm on my knees mind you, so I'm eye level with the boy. I take the tweezers and go for the sliver and he starts crying. Now he's over tired, because this just happens to be day 1 of no naps. So he's crying HUGE alligator tears... "Noooo mumma, nooo leave it lone... leave it lone..." I said "Honey, I have to get this out, other wise it will hurt." "NOOOO" he says. "Leave it lone, mamma, it will magipear." I stop, and look at him. "It will what?" "It will magipear" he says through the big alligator tears. "Do you mean it will magically disappear, on it's own?" "Yeeeeaaahhh" He sobs, "It will magipear." How can I resist... he almost had me convinced. So I sigh, and say "Go crawl in bed honey, maybe it will magipear in your sleep." "Yeeeahhh.." he sobs. So he crawls up into bed and his head hits the pillow, and he's out. Meanwhile I call my neighbor and best friend because she a mother of 3 kids and I'm thinking I'll need someone to help me hold him down, when I attempt this again.

So she comes over and we walk in the room and the boy is out. He's out cold. It's the no nap thing. :) So she leans over top of him, and I sit at the foot of the bed.. just in case and waaalaaa she digs that sliver out, and he NEVER wakes up! Woohoo. So she leaves, and I'm sitting in the living room all happy. I got my boys sliver out, I kept him calm... life is good.

Then it hits me... OH MY GOSH what have I done? He's going to wake up in the morning and realize the silver really did magipear. What have I done? I've set myself up so that from now until the end of time my son is going to expect slivers to magipear just like a tooth under the pillow from the tooth fairy....

It was cute though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THAT is cute steph! I love how he thought of magipear too!!!!