Let me state for the record (mom) if you are at all prudish you should not continue with this reading.....
There's an old saying that a nurse sees more penis than a prostitute... and it's true. I haven't even passed my boards and I've seen more penis' then a prostitute. I've seen big ones, small ones... and one this week that was very, very pale. Like I was worried about it, it was so pale. Not only penis' but we see a lot of mommy parts too. And, frankly, when you're digging around in there trying to find where to put the foley, you begin to appreciate those folks that take a little extra time to.. ummm... trim it up down there. Clear a pathway, if you will.
So today, I was doing my part to make the nurses happy, should I be involved in a car wreck and need a foley cath put in, and low and behold but what do I do????!!!! I totally lop off the top of my finger with my razor. Seriously... how does this happen? Not only is the top bit of my finger lopped off but part of the nail as well. (and here I thought the razor was getting dull...) it was then and there that I realized this was going to be a beautiful day!
So I text some of the people on my phone and let them know about the wonderful start to my day... and proceed onward. I was hoping that it was an isolated incident... but no.... my life is NEVER that easy. I walk into the kitchen to get my coffee started only to notice that a large chunk of my ceiling is lying there at my feet. It's raining outside and whenever it rains a little more of my ceiling joins me on the floor in the kitchen. I proceed to sweep up the floor of ceiling particles and rummage around getting ready for school. I load everything for school into the car, make sure my 3 papers that I've worked so hard on over the holiday weekend are packed in my folder. I make the boys' lunch, find his clothes for school, watch his dad sit on my couch while I run around like a chicken with my head cut off, kiss my boy, grab my coffee and head out to school.
I'm running late... which is HIGHLY unusual for school. I answer my phone only to realize that I need to take a small detour to pick up a package from a gal that I was dropping off stuff for me. No biggie, I'll take a different route to school so that she's on my way. I stop by and get my goods, and take off again. I'm looking at the clock and so happy that I am going to make it to school with about a minute to spare, but I'll still be on time, and still keep my promise to Ray to sit next to him, so as to intercept the crazy person who normally sits there. It was then that I looked into my back seat to grab something out of my bag when I realized... NO SCHOOL BAG. Seriously, I'm 20 miles from home, and I've left ALL my school books, ALL my papers I worked so hard on... EVERYTHING back at my house. So I call my the boys dad and see if he's still at my house, if he can grab my school bag. (He works where I go to school so it would only make sense that he bring it out with him) Well... somehow that wasn't an option so I turn my car around and make the trek 20 miles back IN to town to get my school bag.
I arrive at class a half hour late. The rest of the day proceeds rather well.... other than my throbbing finger and my empty gas tank. Until of course, I get home and find another chunk of ceiling on my floor.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
dont ya just love those days!! lol...when it rains it pours for me too! lmao on the finger incident! ive took chunks out of my nail many times..but the finger top! lol..i thought i shaved with gusto hehehe...jj...
LOL.... see... I'm NOT the only one!
well at least your FINGER is all that got lopped...
I have no comment because I am totally offended.
S
Post a Comment