Thursday, May 31, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby!!!!

It's my best friend in the world, Jaime's, birthday today!!! I tried adding it up last night, and I think we've known each other for close to 18yrs... Can you believe that James? 18 YEARS!!!!! And to think, we've been friends for at least 17.5 years. When we first met, she didn't care for me much. She felt I was trying to steal her best friend. But I took care of that, sent Lisa packing for Wisconsin, then MADE Jaime like me. And it was the best thing that could of happened.

Jaime, we've had our ups and downs, and sideways. There isn't a thing about me that you don't know, and yet you still love me, you don't judge me, and you don't think I'm trying to steal your man. ;) All important aspects of a friendship of course. You're the coolest friend ever, and even when we go through periods where we don't talk that often, it's cool that with one phone call we can pick it up like no time has past.

You always know just what to say to me, and how to say it. You know when to set me straight and when to shut up and agree with me, just cuz that's what I need. You sat there and kept your opinions of my spouse to yourself because you knew, that what I DIDN'T need was another person telling me how stupid he was. And then, when I gave you permission, you let it out and were honest.

And you always are honest... I think that's what I like best about you. You're not going to sugar coat something, but you're not going to be mean either. And if I ask your opinion you'll give it, --it may take some prying by me to get that HONEST opinion out--- but when you give it I can be assured it is an honest opinion. Well... I like that, and the fact that you know your drugs. (and by drugs I mean scripts... she's a pharmacist, folks) ;)

I'm so excited for you. I'm excited for this new chapter that you'll be embarking on in September. I'm excited that you're happy... well perhaps not at this exact moment, and probably not again until September, but you know what I mean. And I'm proud of you. You've come a long way from the ankle length skirts, and big red uniforms of the academy, and turned into a very fashion conscious, successful woman... who never wears red, white, or blue at the same time. -- I don't think ANY of us do anymore.... it's like Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome-

So in closing, I hope you have an awesome birthday, and if I knew how to attach pictures to this stinking blog, I'd attach the one of you and you're mullet, just to remember the good times!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!! More than you know, thank you for being the awesome, friend, and life consultant that you are. You rock sister!

Now.... some of my favorite memories over the last 18yrs.....

Getting yelled at during a service for attending the Basketball game at Mio the night before
Getting yelled at for that stupid note we sent Nicky Matthews
Getting yelled at for being to loud during sleep overs
Getting yelled at for talking on the phone to much :)
You're 21st birthday party at your house
Spending time with you last summer. I think I was at your house more last summer than I had been in YEARS....
The WAYNE WATSON concert!!! LOL....
2 words... House Shopping..... :D not that I ever did that with you, but the fact that you get it cracks me up.
Cheese Stix at the Pizza Shop
Working at the Pizza Shop with you
Robert Morosi..... and you KNOW where I'm going with this!!!!!
Joy Baptist Camp.... ha.... you never were a camper were you, is Brad aware of that?
The day Chris and I drove down to your place in a freakin tornado cuz you were scared of the storm, and we wanted to hang
The many days you drove UP to my apt on 27 S just to hang... spur of the moment, cuz you heard Chris, Andy, and I goofing around, and it sounded like fun.....
My apartment on 27
That whole summer I lived on 27........

and sooooo many more. The point is, you're the coolest and the best, and I hope you have a wonderful day. Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Jamie!

Just me said...

It's always best when wishing one a happy birthday to spell their name CORRECTLY!!!! JaIme... duh! You've known her 18yrs too..... some friend YOU are! :)

Anonymous said...

umm happy bday however she spells her name

Anonymous said...

I didn't spell her name wrong!!!