Son- Mom.... I wish I was Jesus.....
**I've learned when he starts something like this, to just go with it. Part of me was uncomfortable, the other part was amused. lol** However I just kinda kept quiet and mumbled something like "Oh" I figured if he wanted to pursue it, he would. He's only 5 but he's already got that attitude where if I prod too much he'll sigh and say "NEVER MIND, MOM." lol. Like the other day when I gave him money for the offering and he asked me if it was to give to Jesus so he would come back to life.... lol. I started to go into this whole thing about giving back to the Lord but he quickly lost interest and said "Muuuuhhhhom. I just said is it going to bring Jesus back to liiiiife???!!!!" To which I said, "No Jesus is already raised from the dead, and the offering didn't do it!" To which he said "Ooookay." So I'm learning.... short and sweet. Short and sweet. lol.
Me- Oh... ok. I guess that'd be cool.
Son- No mom... I said I WISH I was JESUS!
**I'm getting the feeling he's wanting to pursue this.**
Me- Okaaaaay.... whys' that?
Son- Because then when my heart would die, it would come back to life.
Me- Sooooo you want to be Jesus so that if you died you would come back to life?
Son- Yup.
Me- Yup... that would definitely be cool.
LOL.
It's so simple in his world. Now, just so that you don't give up all hope on me, I did go on to explain that when we ask Jesus in our hearts he comes to live inside us, so then Jesus is with us all the time, bla bla bla. But it was just so funny. I mean really... what kid says out of the blue "Mom, I wish I was Jesus." LOL... Mine that's who! And here I thought he was going to tell me he wanted to be Jesus so that he would have some powers!
Dang he's cute.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Our boys would sure get along!!!
Post a Comment