Wednesday, July 11, 2007

BUSY!

So I've looked at my calendar for the next few weeks, and it appears that I am busy for the rest of the summer. Nothing major, mind you. But still... BUSY! This weekend I'm making a quick one day trip down to Richmond MI for a family reunion, then the next weekend is my sisters birthday, marathon weekend, canoeing with the family, bachlorette party, camping with jeane and the kids, shannons wedding, and back to school. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?

Now on the upside, a lot of that stuff takes place AT HOME so I don't have to leave my hometown, and I can always invite a beavy of friends to join in... but wow. I'm a busy girl. Somewhere in there I'm going to have to squeeze in a trip to Jaimes, and a trip to Mackinaw. Mackinaw is my absolute favorite place on earth. (next to Jaimes of course) It's beautiful. I go there a lot, each summer. Usually we would drive up there, hang for the day, get a pizza at this mom and pop place, coffee at Java Joes, bond with Tom in Coke store, then go home. I usually make my first appearance in the Coke store the 1st weekend of May, and then continue for the rest of the summer. My boy has been wanting to head north as well and see the big bridge. Uggggh I 've got to squeeze that in.

I haven't been to Mackinaw since I had my meltdown in January. lol. I was having a no good, horrible, very bad day, and I couldn't take it. I was just called in for my personal review in my bosses office --and remember I've worked with this guy since I was 19-- so I get called in, I sit down, and I tell him... "In about 30 seconds I'm going to start crying. It has nothing to do with this, but it's going to start, and I wanted to warn you." --He's seen me cry only once before. That was when I broke up with a boy when I was like 20. Anyway until this last year... I wasn't much of a crier, and NEVER in public!-- To which his reply was, "Do you want to do this on a different day?" And I said "No... lets get this over with, so that come tomorrow I can start a better week." And then I promptly start bawling. Not just like tears streaming down my face, but like HUGE alligator tears, POURING down my face. Can you imagine how awkward that was for HIM... lol. So he's trying to tell me where I need to shape up, and I'm bawling. Once we're done, and he feels like crap, I walk out the door, get in the car and head north.

I didn't tell anyone, I didn't answer my phone when people called, I just drove, and bawled. (good thing I didn't cross the bridge or the toll booth workers would have thought I was a jumper.) Anyway I pulled off at the state park and went and sat on a bench for like an hour. It was great because Mackinaw is a ghost town in January, AND this past January it didn't snow until February so it was cold, desolate, and beautiful.

I've always been drawn to water. Vast bodies of water are the best. I love to look at the water and sit and think, and listen to the waves. So I sat there on this lonely park bench for an hour, bawling my eyes out, then got in my car and drove home. If I would of had any money, I would of gotten a room and not returned... but alas... I was broke. lol. So that was my last foray to the great white north, and I want to go back. I had some friends lined up to go with me to Mackinaw so that I didn't feel like a goof running around by myself, but they have all stood me up thus far. --with good reason of course. I mean crushing your knee cap into 3rds and having surgery... yeah, it's a good excuse--

But I digress... point is, I'm busy. I think I'm stressed just looking at that schedule. lol.. and if ANYONE wants to take a road trip to the north call me.

That's it, I'm out

Did I mention how much I LOVE Northern Michigan? Hands down I live in one of the most beautiful places on earth!!!!! And I love it!!!

;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you have such a busy rest of the summer I thought I would help you out but giving you something to add to your "notes to self" list... if ever at the Cherry Street Market in Kalkaska... don't buy the "Cherry Line Chipolte Pie"
S
P.S. Thanks for the recipes!

Just me said...

Cherry.... lime... chipolte.... three words that should NEVER be in the same sentence!

:)