Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I'm A Prodigy

So... it turns out, I'm way smarter than I thought I was. lol. After much tossing and turning and talking myself in and out of it, I decided to actually call Kirtland and see if it was too late to test out of Basic Math. So I called, and the lady said I could come in and test, but they couldn't guarantee me a spot in a Basic Algebra class if I did in fact test into it. Soooooo I said...

"Wellllll how long do I have?"
"Get here as soon as possible." she said.
"Wellllll what I'm asking is, how long are you in the office?"
"We're here until 430p but if you test out, you'll need to do a drop/add, and all that."
"OOOOooooh. So what' you're telling me is that I need to get up and get a shower, and get in there."
"Well, I don't care if you shower, but yes you need to get in here." she chuckled.
"Okay... well I'll at least brush my teeth."
"Yes! Please , that would be great, please brush your teeth!" she laughed.

So I hauled my butt into Kirtland, after I showered and brushed my tooth, but I did forgo the makeup. I ran from here to there, and ended up taking my placement test and testing OUT of Basic Math. WOOOOHOOOO!

Then I realized I had to exchange books, get a new calculator, do a drop/add, etc etc. Totally NOT wooohooo. So I ran around did my thing and I actually DID get in to a Basic Algebra class and tomorrow I start that. (It will be the second class meeting)

So it's great that I got in, but my once perfect 2 days a week very organized, very pretty looking schedule has turned topsy turvey. I now have a lab on Mondays from 1-2p and class from 2-4 on Tuesdays, then a 2hr time waster until the next class from 6-9, then back on Thursdays from 2-4. My schedule used to be Tue from 4-9 and Thurs from 4-6. So.... YUCK! oh well, at least I got in, and that's way coool.

Until I opened the book. I don't have a CLUE about any of this stuff. This is NOT going to be pretty. x2= -5 b+5 -y3.... yeah.... SOOOOOO not good.

So if anyone is a math whiz.... please call, because I'm way to old for this stuff!

4 comments:

Brook Trout Designs said...

Just got done with Algebra and I did well, so give me a call or drop by for help. My rates are reasonable...1 cheesecake or 2 dozen cookies per hour.

Sarah said...

I can help you with math!!

But I live way far away.

Just me said...

I'm GOOD At making cheesecake, and I've been dying to use this new cheese cake pan anyway! SOLD!

Michelle said...

You are AWESOME....Go STEPH...I suck at math so can't help, but U ROCK..:-)