Thursday, November 1, 2007

Out Of The Mouth Of Babes

The boy and I were sitting down to have dinner tonight, and he said

"Uuuuhhh... Mom... did we forget something?" to which I replied
"Noooo.... what?"
"Thanking Jesus."
"No.. we didn't forget, I just like to actually sit down before we pray."
"Oh."
"Are you going to pray today?"
"No... you can."
"Son... when are you going to start taking turns praying? That way I know that you understand what talking to Jesus is all about."
"Hmmmm... well I'll help you mom."
"You'll help me?"
"Yeah."
"Ok."
"Ok. first you close your eyes"
"Ok"
"Fold your hands."
"Ok"
"Dear Jesus," He begins
"Dear Jesus," I repeat
"Thank you for this plate."
ditto
"And Jesus, don't let us die."
Me... stifling a laugh..."And don't let us die."
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA......"
"aaaaaaaaaa"
"MEN"
"men"

The goof. At least he covered all the bases. Thanks for the grub, and don't let me die from eating it. Do you think he was critizing my food? lol.

No comments: