Monday, June 18, 2007

The Joys of Motherhood

So I'm at work Thursday, and I get a phone call around 8am. I'm greeted by this

"Your son just puked all over your bed."
"Uhhh Okkkaaaay" I said "Did you clean it up?"
"Uhhhh, no. Well I stripped your bed. Do you have a thermometer?"
"Mmmm.... nooooo."
"What do I do?"
"What kind of puke are we talking about here?"
"Not bad, he may have just choked and spit up what he was eating."
"Ok, take him to the babysitters, she'll have a thermometer and have her decide."
"Ok"

So I talk to said babysitter and tell her to call me if she thinks he needs to be home. But I needed a woman's opinion. So she says she'll keep him for now, he's whining but overall ok. Great. 1 hour later I get a phone call

"You need a plan B. He just puked everywhere and he needs to go!"
"Okay, give me ONE hour, and I'll be there." I said
"Ok"

So I arrive home at 11am on Thursday to pick up my sickly boy. And go to my house only to be greeted by puke covered bedding sitting in a crumpled pile on the floor. (thank GOD I came home early!) So I spent the afternoon babying my boy, and trying to make him feel better, and washing all bedding for my king size monstrosity. I treated the boy to a day full of TV and pop. *Gasp* he NEVER gets pop, only on special occasions.

Great Grandma came to take over the afternoon shift, while I loaded up my stuff and headed out to school. Of course this is the FIRST Thursday night class I have ever attended. It's a 6hour class. making me run from 430 in the morning (when I get up for work) until 10pm at night when I finally arrive home. But I survived. --was exhausted, but survived--

Motherhood is soooo weird. I have no problem touching puke filled sheets, or dirty diapers, or dealing with traumatic head injuries, scrapes, bruises, and gushing flesh wounds, but I am still weirded out by baiting a hook.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummmmm did she really say HE NEEDS TO GO??????????

Just me said...

Yeah... but it's all good. She did very well! She was in a panic but trying to play it cool. It came out... Uhhh you need a plan B he needs to go. --it was quite funny actually!--

:)

Michelle said...

GEEZ, a little hash on the babysitter....

Michelle said...

and i also checked his temp, gave him a shower, and some tummy relief medication. Then read some stories to him as he waited for his mommy to come get him. Oh yeah i checked his temp about 4 times. Washed his puked cover clothes, and my puked covered couch. Just wanted to point that out so i don't look like the villian here...I take care of my number two little man. Sorry i do have to put Connor first....

Just me said...

You're a dork! I never said you were militant or bad... KERRY did!

Anonymous said...

WHEN AND WHERE did I say michelle was BAD. I NEVER IN FACT I have told her on NUMEROUS occasions how GOOD she is with BOTH of the boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!