Friday, June 22, 2007

Woodsy Woman?

I'm going camping today. My son has been on my case to go to the beach and to go camping. My best friend and I did this last year with our kids, and of course we'll do it again in August, but the boy was really wanting to go. I enjoy camping. I like a camper best because I'm just that high maintenance... but I like tent camping as well. I've camped in the back of my Aztek with the tent on it NUMEROUS times. Good fun!

Anyway I decided camping sounded like fun, so I called my sister. --She's like the camping queen!-- She's got it all down to a science that woman. So I called her up and asked if she'd like to go, and she agreed. We had another couple and their offspring decide to tag along, so it should be lots of fun. We're headed to a nice lake, Bradford Lake, which is close enough that we can hang out and enjoy our time, and not drive all day to get there. Ok we're not even driving a full half hour to get there! :)

I've always liked this lake. Especially within the last year, because the boat launch is almost always empty and it's right on my way home. Therefore when I feel a minor nervous breakdown coming on, I can pull in there and bawl, look at the water, think about stuff, gather my composure and continue on home. --Plus it's cheaper than driving to Mackinaw-- LOL. Anyway the campground is really nice the bathrooms are the cleanest, nicest bathrooms I've seen camping EVER. Well unless you count the ranch out by Atlanta but that's only because my former Brother-in-law built them. And being a particular guy... you can be assured they are top notch. Clean bathrooms or not I think a good time will be had by all.

Point is, the car is loaded up, and as of 2pm I'm on vacation! It was an ordeal getting the stuff I needed, but my sister came through so that's no longer an issue. I'll make a quick stop to Wally world and to the sporting goods store and then I will enjoy my weekend. I plan to read lots in my book, and maybe even get some homework done. I could use a mini vacation in the sun. Who knows... maybe this will be the weekend I actually learn to bait a hook!

Naaaaa..... LOL....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I soooooooooooooo am the camping QUEEN thanks for pointing that out!!!!!
!

Brook Trout Designs said...

Ummm...As far as I know, there isn't an official camping site at Bradford. If you try to stay at the launch and a DNR/Police officer shows up, you are going to get kicked out. Headwaters has camping, but it might be costly, however, it is very nice.

Across the road, and a little to the North, is Lake Marjory/Redhead lake(two names for the same lake). It has actual camping sites with actual camping amenities. Plus, access to the lake is better and the shoreline is walkable for fishing.

Good luck either way.

Just me said...

I KNOW you can't camp at the boat launch you goof! What do you think I'm crazy??? don't answer that. No we're at Headwaters, I just didn't NAME it in the post.

LOL...

Brook Trout Designs said...

Well, next time you make a post, try to be thorough in your explaination. You only mentioned the boat landing, so anyone with deductive skills would think you are either stupid or uninformed.

I guess I picked the wrong one.

Anyhow, have fun.

Just me said...

Ooooooooo LOL.... that one hurt! :)

Anonymous said...

There is no place you can feel God more then when you are out in the wilderness! Take it in sista!
Your polka dot shoes are like your ruby slippers!!! smiles!
Hey.... where is my recipe?
S